Friday, March 12, 2010

Recovery

My mother-in-law is home and doing great. She seems to be fully recovered from the heart attack which is a great thing. The rest of us aren't though. This was the first major illness for any of our parents. I guess until now we just kind of thought they were invincible? I mean who wants to admit their parents are getting older and they're moving in the stage where people their age start losing parents to old age diseases? I know I don't. So this was the wake-up call that maybe we need to spend more time with them before we do lose them permanently. We're slowly getting back to normal. Each call from a family member no longer brings that first moment of panic thinking something's wrong. Life is falling back into the normal routine of running hectically everywhere all at once with the Young'un and her dance and work and the dogs and and and.... You know, normal life. it's returning. We're recovering from the scare. thankfully we had taken this month as a break month because our schedules weren't going to mesh up right to schedule the whole baby making time. This was a blessing in disguise as that's when everything went to hell and we were at the hospital for most of a week. So that's the update. things are going well, things are mostly back to normal, and I really need to call and visit my parents a lot more.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm glad to hear she's doing so well!!! I hope she continues to recover well!