Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A new job, a new day, and a new cycle.

Today has been horrible. Today for the first time since I made the decision 2 weeks ago, I really wish I had never quit my old job. Granted, a lot of that is probably from the hormones of CD2, but you never know. So far at my new (temporary) job, I had 3 spreadsheet go crazy, Adobe freeze 3 different times, and got to meet 4 people that I'll be working with, 3 of whom are pregnant. One is due in 2 months. The rest are all due after I'm done with this assignment. So after I had to stay late to finish the 3 spreadsheets that were all due today before 6, I made a mad dash to get a reasonably early bus so as to get home before 7. In the mad dash, I managed to trip, fall, skin my knee, and rip my favorite pair of work pants. And I missed that particular bus. I got home at 7:15. I'm still waiting for dinner to be delivered since I refuse to cook at this point. So to sum up, I got my period and am not pregnant, again. I have a nice bruised knee that is skinned. My favorite beloved black slacks that fit just right are ripped and ruined. My husband has not yet arrived back home with my pizza. I think it's time for a glass or three of wine.

4 comments:

jill said...

Oh gah! That is a horrible day :/ Ruining pants and those pregnant coworkers would drive me nuts!

I hope tomorrow goes better for you! I'm sending you happy thoughts :)

adsf said...

Wow, I gotta admit that sounds like a pretty horrendous day. The good thing about days like that, though, is that you have 99% chance of having a better day tomorrow! Or something. Hopefully. ;)

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I'm so sorry you had a horrible day. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Jill said...

Aargh - what a bad day! Hope your days have improved since! I too always feel like I'm back at CD/Square 1...

~ICLW~