Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kitchen remodel

We're remodelling our kitchen and it sucks. I can't cook, there's no water in the kitchen because we have no sink, and the table is covered with stuff that belongs elsewhere. I also have trouble seeing the finished project in my head, though thankfully my husband does. So far the house from hell has been exactly that. Some of the things we've found have been very scary and concerning because they were things we didn't know existed and were buried under 2 or 3 layers of wall. The worst was an active outlet that had stripped wires.

I'll post pictures once we get done to show how it changed. For now, please think of me and if you're willing, send wine. I need it for this one.

8 comments:

Ann Z said...

I came over from the Lushary after reading about your remodel. I still have vivid memories of remodeling our kitchen in 2005 (while also in the midst of fertility treatments). Such an upheaval is right, though thankfully we never encountered active stripped wires (shudder!). There's probably some analogy between the renovation's upheaval in the house and infertility's upheaval on our lives, but I'm not clever enough to make it.

Good luck to you! I loved our kitchen once it was done, I hope you love yours too.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am sending so much wine.

Kitchen remodeling frightens me. We have to do it too. And then I think about it and get freaked out, so we haven't gotten farther than that. When do they think they'll be done?

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

You wouldn't believe how many uncapped wires and things we found when we repaired walls in our dining room and when we re did our bathroom before we moved in. I am scared to see what we find when we finally get to the kitchen. I can only imagine how difficult it is right now, but I bet it will be wonderful when it's done! Can't wait to see pics!

Trisha said...

Wow you are brave! I would go crazy with a torn up kitchen. I hope it turns out how you want it to!

ICLW #61

christine said...

House work can be so frustrating!! I can only imagine how badly you need a big ole glass of wine! I hope it turns out wonderfully!

ICLW #47

Mark and Amy said...

I know how you feel about the live stripped wires.....we had the same issue and nearly a house fire to go with it!

Anonymous said...

I seriously dread each remodeling project. I don't think we'll ever do our kitchen or bathrooms because it is such a huge disruption. Best wishes!

Unknown said...

oh that's a pain in the head but you've got to bear it. soon enough when its finished you'll be happy. in case you need some help see this HVAC Technician Salary in Alaska