Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I survived

I did. I feel like I've had my ear cut off and sewn back on (which in a way I did) and like a truck has hit me at different point during the last few days, but the ear surgery was a "technical success" according to my doctor. This means that once it's healed and I'm cleared to resume, we start back on the make a baby quest.

Would I do this surgery again if I had to (and there is a chance I may have to because apparently the rupture was significantly larger than expected) yes. Not because I enjoyed the process because didn't. but because I"m sick of ear infections. I don't know if I'll get all of my hearing back. We won't know that until after the hearing tests after it's had time to heal a lot more. That's a minimum of 6 weeks away.

For now, I'm hanging out at home for the rest of this week. I'm trying to take it easy and tending to fail a bit on that as I'm not used to just sitting around and not doing anything. Yet, i feel like I've been running all day long. Go figure.

Anyway, this is the promised after surgery update. The surgery seems to have gone well. I'll know more in about 6-8 weeks. Then, it's back into the proverbial saddle for Dr. Cool again.

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery.