Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

I spend a lot of time on here complaining about what I don't have in my life. Today, I want to share what I am thankful to have in my life.

I am thankful for my family, my parents, my siblings, my husband, and my step-daughter. I cannot imagine not having these wonderful people who love me in my life. My parents have always been there for me when I need them. My brother and sister have grown into adults I'm proud to know. My husband is the light in my heart and the one who always seems to know what I'm thinking, no matter what. My step-daughter is the light of my heart as well. She's growing up so quickly and soon will be a young woman. I am proud of who she is now and proud of the woman she is becoming.

I am thankful for extended family - my in-laws, my aunts and uncles, and my cousins. I am thankful for my 3 dogs who love me and are always happy to see me. I love running around with them and cuddling on the cold evenings on the couch. I am thankful for my job. It gives me freedom to do the things that I want to do in addition to the things I need to do. I'm thankful for my friends, both IRL and in the computer. All of you help keep me grounded when it seems like life is too much. I'm thankful to have the ALI community to ask for advice, read other's stories, and to help me know I'm not alone.

I hope all of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving this week also have a wonderful day and have many reasons to be thankful as well.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jennifer said...

Happy thanksgiving!

threelittlekilos said...

i'm in australia and we don't have thanksgiving..but it sounds like such a lovely holiday.

i wish you a warm and happy thanksgiving.

it was a lovely post and i'm glad you have so much in your life to be thankful for. families are so special.

MoonNStarMommy said...

All wonderful things to be thankful for....sounds like you have a great support system....Happy ICLW

BarrenChemist said...

Thanks for making me take the time to be thankful. Happy Thanksgiving!

lady pumpkin said...

Thank you for sharing what you're thankful for. Reading about other people's gratitude is always inspiring.

Take good care,
lady pumpkin
ICLW #16