Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Love Actually

I'm sitting here watching it again tonight. For the first time, I'm noticing how dated a lot of it is. The reference to 9/11, the VHS tape, Colin Firth without gray hair. But I still love the movie. It's part of my Christmas tradition, every much as White Christmas is. Tonight, it's my refuge from the insanity of the season. It's an oasis in the middle of tech week for Nutcracker and all of the holiday prep I should be doing instead of watching a movie.

I wonder what happened to all of the couples after the movie ended. Did they have their happily ever afters? Or did their stories end in heartbreak and sadness? And how much fun did Rowan Atkinson have with the gift wrap scene?

May you find a break if you can during this holiday season. From our house to yours, happy holidays.

No comments: