Tuesday, April 21, 2009


It came on Saturday, 4 days late. It brought with it a bag of mixed feelings. We knew that it was an anovulatory cycle and that there was no chance of pregnancy. However, we still hoped a little bit. That same old spark that doesn't really quite die until the bitter end. So now I'll be picking up some more OPK's after this month per my doctor. She still isn't willing to do any tests, even if I'm willing to pay for them out of pocket. She still thinks its just a matter of time, even if the time is now over 18 months without a successful pregnancy and over a year since the miscarriage. Does anyone out there have any advice on how to convince a doctor to do tests when they don't want to do any? Is it a matter of finding a different doctor or continue with the wait and see approach?

1 comment:

Meg said...

If your doctor isn't willing to be as aggressive as you need her to be then it's probably time for a new doctor.

You don't want her to finally come around and do some testing months from now only to find out that you did have a very fixable problem.